Friday, April 20, 2012

A Little More

I've found some time to work a little on my Raven Guard, specifically my Shrike Counts-as, made from a limited edition Captain Sicarius that I paid a pretty penny for. It took me an age to grind off all the horrible Ultramarine inconography (I have no dremel tool, so it was all hand filed... ugh...).
I think I have him looking as I’d like. This model is one of my all time favourite Space Marine sculpts and I was rather miffed when I saw that it was something that I’d only ever be able to own if I saved up enough to purchase off some Ebay auction like some spoiled brat. But I digress! Thanks to the lovely Forge World etched brass he is now Kayvaan Shrike, mohawked bad arse and leader of my small detatchment of marines. Am looking forward to painting this feller.








I also finished modding and cleaning up my Land Speeder and now it's also been primed and readied for paint. Again, Forge World etched brass has proven it's worth and I am rather inclined to get another sheet for future projects. When I’ll get to paint this, I have no idea; but it was fun to deck it out in a little Raven Guard “bling” and yes, I know it is way over the top. :)


4 comments:

  1. Excellent Sicarius conversion. I've thought about doing this and now I see it can work. Great to see how to use the FW etched brass, I always wondered how they are used.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Scullmeister - Thanks! If you have the fig then good, tho he's an expensive one to pick up on Ebay these days. Goo luck with the etched brass - if you do try it out, then use pva glue and not super glue. Super glue tends to make for a really brittle bond and the pieces tend to fall off at the slightest touch. PVA glue is much better, just takes longer to dry is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, impressive work with the brass etching. Your commander looks like an absolute beast, I'm looking forward to seeing him with a lick of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Col. Winterborne - Muchas gracias Col.! He just needs a little basing done then I'll get to priming and paint.

    ReplyDelete